Location: Dauphin, MB
Job Type: Full Time
Working proactively and closely with the Grower, the Junior Grower will assist management and the consultants with all aspects of the growing process through ensuring greenhouse employees become familiar with specific jobs, improve efficiencies, and improve quality on an ongoing basis. This includes ensuring all general operating policies and procedures are followed, timeline reporting, inspections, sampling as required, reporting maintenance concerns and preparing other reports. Also included are, supporting scouting for pest and disease, assisting with chemical applications and cleanout/crop change plans, assisting Growers in mapping tasks.
Are you looking for a job in the agriculture industry? Vermillion Growers Ltd is a commercial greenhouse company located in Dauphin, Manitoba. By using the latest precision technology available, Vermillion Growers will produce Tomatoes on the Vine, providing an eco-friendly, and sustainable solution to an incredible consumer demand in the vegetable industry. Vermillion Growers is continuously looking to innovate, develop and design an environment that fosters energy, education, equality and inspiration. Join our team and help us achieve our goal of “Growing Food, Growing People and Growing Community”.
We are in search of a Junior Grower to join our team in Dauphin, MB.
Your duties will include:
- Collecting, recording, and reporting data.
- Crop inspection.
- Assisting head grower.
- Assigning tasks to gardeners.
- Assisting others.
To succeed, you possess the following:
- A diploma in entomology, botany, horticulture, or agriculture is an asset but not essential if in possession of significant related experience.
- A working knowledge of current computer programs/systems and equipment.
- Either relevant education and/or experience are required, preferably both. A background in agriculture would be a distinct asset.
- Demonstrated skills and abilities include,
- Conscientiousness and attention to detail
- Ability to continuously learn, follow directions and accept feedback
- Positive teamwork and collaboration skills
- Oral, written communication (note taking) as well as listening
- Initiative and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work with limited supervision,
- High degree of confidentiality regarding job-related matters
- Good eyesight to inspect plans and the work environment
- Ability to meet the physical demands of the position (including lifting, working at heights, exposure to bees, pests)
To apply, please use the form below.